Really Useful Travel Apps for iPhone: MetrO
Today, to continue our series on travel apps, we’ll do public transit, because even if you’re not traveling, it’s essential! Ladies and Gentlemen, I present MetrO!
Metro, as DB Navigator, CouchSurfing and City Maps 2Go, is one of those applications you should always have in the corner of your smartphone, just in case you are rushed or lost in transit.
Indeed, in 2 clicks (although, touchscreens don’t “click”…) MetrO tells you which lines to take, which stops to get off at, where you should make your changes between lines… In short, everything you need to know and, most importantly, without internet connection!
Obviously, you will need to download the data for each of the cities, of which 400 are available!
- Routes calculated based on your departure time
- Lines with all the stops by type
- Points of interest in addition to the names of nearby stops
- Geolocation to know the nearest station
- Different route calculation based on the duration or the number of changes necessary
- Information in English on the transport of the selected city (fees, operations…)
You will understand that I’m a very big fan of this app
Honestly, it’s very useful. In a word, it’s amazing!
Use in to travel in both Paris and Tokyo without asking unnecessary questions!
On iPhone / iPad
Reviewed version : 0.9.7